“As the four main advice agencies in Southwark, we are writing to provide you with a joint update on how local residents can continue to access our vital advice and information services safely, whilst following guidance provided by the government and Public Health England.”
We are currently all providing expanded phone services. The numbers people can use are set out below. (Please note: the Southwark Law Centre number is not for the general public but for other agencies only).
- Citizens Advice Southwark Adviceline – 0344 499 4134
- Citizens Advice Southwark Universal Credit Help to Claim service – 0800 144 8444
- Cambridge House Law Centre (for housing advice only) – 0207 358 7025
- Migrant Legal Action (for immigration advice only – 2-4pm) – 0203 150 1470
- Southwark Law Centre (for frontline agencies only) – 0207 732 2008
- All Citizens Advice Southwark services can be accessed by email through their website here.
- Online information on benefits, debt, housing, employment, immigration, consumer, family, discrimination and health, can be accessed through the Southwark Legal Advice Network website here.
- A Citizens Advice web chat service is also available for help here.
Chat with an adviser online – Citizens Advice
You can chat online with a trained adviser if you’ve already checked our advice and you need more help: http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk
There are currently no face-to-face drop in sessions operating in Southwark. Please do not attend any of our offices unless you have an appointment.
We will all continue to help all clients with existing cases, and we are providing people in this situation with information about how to contact their caseworker.
Where there is an emergency, we will do our best to make arrangements for a face-to-face appointment.
We want to reassure people that we are still here to help you, and that we are continuing to work hard to help you in the best way we possibly can in the current circumstances. We will continue to review official guidance and will provide further updates as and when circumstances change.