This funding is to encourage the provision of community engagement activity at a programme of outdoor festivals and events across Southwark.
The Cultural Celebrations fund will support the Council’s Fairer Future Commitments by helping to create a vibrant Southwark. It also supports the three themes from Creative Southwark, the Council’s Cultural Strategy:
- Creative economy
- Creative growth
- Creative people
They are looking to support a range of cultural celebrations across a geographical spread of locations within the borough. Applications to hold events in any park, or public space, within the borough will be considered.
Southwark Council are looking to fund community-focused organisations who wish to deliver festivals or events that aim to support the Council’s Fairer Future Commitment of creating a vibrant Southwark, as well as support the themes from Creative Southwark, the Council’s cultural strategy (see info pack below for more information).
The festival or event must:
- Take place between 1 April 2020 and 30 March 2021.
- Include a programme of inclusive and accessible participatory opportunities for local
- residents and/or businesses.
- Take place in a park or a public space.
- Be sympathetic to and appropriate for the requested site and its environs.
- Promote community engagement.
- Be FREE of charge for the public to attend and participate in.
- Aspire to present opportunities for local traders, artists, performers and volunteers.
The full funding amount is £95,000 and it will be allocated to a range of festivals and events across Southwark. Applicants are invited to bid for up to a maximum of £10,000 although the amount awarded may differ from the amount requested.