Recruitment for volunteers are on a rolling basis, so there is no deadline for our Digital Engagement roles. Scroll down for more details:
Purpose of role
We plan to expand the Southwark CAN programme to include local events about issues such as climate change, serious youth violence and urban regeneration. To do this, we want to welcome a Digital Support Volunteer into the team to help keep our online presence active, and in doing so enable the growth of Southwark CAN and its core message.
This role is vital to maintaining community engagement and telling our followers and local organisations what decisions are being made, what changes are coming, consultations and other local campaigns and initiatives in Southwark, and indeed, how they can get involved. This is an exciting role that will expose the right candidate to the world of local democracy and campaigning.
- Research- Research new website content, i.e. community events, campaigns, consultations & other updates
- WordPress- Upload and write brief updates for the Southwark CAN website
- Social media - Write and schedule social media posts for Twitter & Facebook via Hootsuite
- Newsletters- Put together content to go out to the Southwark CAN mailing list.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will…
- have good written and verbal skills, and an ability to write succinctly and in an engaging way
- Good intuition and problem solving ability
- be friendly and outgoing
- have an interest in politics and local democracy, and desire to learn more
- have an eagerness to learn digital engagement skill
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We are particularly keen to ensure that our staff reflect the diverse nature of the communities in which we work. Applications from disabled people, the LGBTQ+ communities, people from ethnic minority backgrounds, South London residents and people who share lived experience with our service users are very warmly welcomed.
We will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by person specification.
How to apply:
- Download and read the complete role description.
- Get a copy of your CV with your work experience, qualifications and a little bit about you, plus some contact details. In your CV, we’re looking to see a snapshot how you present yourself and your skills. Don’t worry if you don’t have any professional experience, we just want to get a sense of your capability and what you’re about!
- Please complete the equal opportunities form.
- Send both documents to email@example.com
Applicants will be invited to an informal interview to chat about the role and what they hope to gain by volunteering in Community Southwark
For more information, or to have an informal and confidential chat:
Engagement Officer, Digital