Recognising excellence in active citizenship
Southwark Council’s most prestigious awards scheme has launched for 2020. This is your opportunity to tell us who you think deserves recognition at the highest level with a Liberty or Young Citizen of the Year Award.
Awards will be presented at a civic celebration on Saturday 16 May 2020 at Southwark Cathedral, when the new Mayor of Southwark will be elected and formally installed.
Online nominations can be submitted: www.southwark.gov.uk/civicawards
Alternatively please request a copy of the nomination form by contacting the awards enquiry line on 020 7525 7303 or email email@example.com
What are they looking for?
With this awards scheme the key words are ‘active citizenship’ and ‘exceptional achievement’.
We are in search of individuals, projects, organisations and businesses worthy of being singled out and publicly recognised for their generous use of time, ideas, energy and resources for the betterment of others.
We are also looking for shining examples of civic mindedness, personal courage, or service to family or community that is above and beyond the ordinary.
We want the recipients of these awards to know that the difference they have made to the lives of others, or indeed the life of the borough, is recognised at the highest level.
Examples may include, but are not restricted to:
- Outstanding personal service to the community.
- A community organisation or individual that has improved the lives of many.
- A project or event that has helped to build bridges between cultures and communities.
- An act of personal courage, bravery or generosity.
- Innovation in business or the improvement of the local economy.
- Enhancement of the borough’s culture, heritage and reputation.