This month, November 2017, Plane Hell are asking for your help:
Heathrow is consulting on the principle of flight paths early next year.
- We want to remind Heathrow just how critical the situation is, particularly in S, SE & SW London – but we want to hear from anyone affected by flights to Heathrow.
- We need to get an accurate number of planes going over SE London but will also log results from other areas too to reflect the wider picture
- It will give an idea of any changes there have been since HACAN did counts in 2004, 2009 and 2011.
How you can help
- choose your area/s, your date/s and your time/s
- count the number of overhead and nearby planes
- spend one hour in the morning
- and one hour in the afternoon after 3pm
Send your totals, one for the morning and one for the afternoon (2 separate totals), along with the place, date and times to firstname.lastname@example.org
The results will be analysed by HACAN and Plane Hell who will be creating publicity round the findings.
Earlier this week one of our members counted 48 planes between 5.58 – 6.58am and the following morning 16 planes between 4.33 – 5am. This has been happening from September 2016 onwards. Heathrow and Government need to know.
Looking forward to hearing from you – thank you for your help.